About Me

My photo
TN, United States
I am a Christian. I live a blessed life, but not a simple life. My husband calls me Mrs. Murphy, because if anything can go wrong, it will and usually does. Especially with me. I am fine with this. God has blessed me so much that a few accidental incidentals are not a big deal. I also have a book blog of the books I've read.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Long Walk by Stephen King

The Long Walk by Stephen King I don't normally read King, but heard about this this novel, and thought I'd give it a chance. 100 teen boys from all over the U.S. try out for The Long Walk. It's a contest to see who can outlast the others. The winner gets anything they wish for the restif their life. There is only one winner. The must walk at a certain pace. They cannot stop to use the bathroom, rest, or for or leave the road. They receive three warnings, but after that, they are shot on site. The characters are creatively developed, and you begin to for them quickly, especially Ray Garatey,the main character. The book drones on with everything that can be talked about on such a death walk. Mostly, the topic is "why". After hours and hours of reading, I was disappointed by a hanging ending. I don't like the thought of wasting my time, so this did not set well with me. I know Stephen King is bizarre, but xheating a reader out of an ending, is not bizarre, it's a waste of time. This book has quite a bit of bad language, graphic descriptions, and sexual references, so I would not recommend it for children or teens. I wouldn't recommend it all, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment