About Me

My photo
TN, United States
I am a Christian. I live a blessed life, but not a simple life. My husband calls me Mrs. Murphy, because if anything can go wrong, it will and usually does. Especially with me. I am fine with this. God has blessed me so much that a few accidental incidentals are not a big deal. I also have a book blog of the books I've read.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer

 Unique and Intriguing

The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer

The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer begins with 12-year-old Jaimie Piper running for her life in the darkness. With no where else to turn, she ends up at her teacher’s house. As she peeks through the window, she wonders what it would be like to have a home, a family, and a normal life. Jaimie is an orphan who has a special gift…she can sense evil in people.

Crockett Grey is home alone on the anniversary of the death of his daughter, when he is interrupted by Jaimie. Seeking protection, Jaimie is afraid and troubled. In a quick series of events, Crockett is arrested for being a child molester and accused of hurting his elderly neighbor, who is missing. Jaimie is the only one who has the answers. From California to Rome, Italy, Crockett and Jaimie are swept up in an unbelievable web of conspiracy and evil.  

I was immediately caught up in the characters and unusual story. Moving quickly, the plot progressed as the mystery unfolded. Crockett appears to make great discoveries, but in reality he is just part of a big plan that involves the Pope and the Catholic Church in Rome. Never believing in heaven or hell, evil or God, Crockett searches for answers.

The negative parts of this novel were that everyone seems to go to great lengths to hide and then reveal things to Crockett. They involve him when it doesn’t make sense. It was a weird story from the beginning, but becomes unbelievable the further the story goes, but overall, it was a unique and intriguing story.

 (I received this free book from Waterbrook/Multinomah, Blogging for Books)

No comments:

Post a Comment